Monday, February 12, 2007

An evening where everything went wrong....

Today in office I came to know that its mahashivratri, me being a Shiv bhakt thot of visiting the near by temple after job…. I had finished my work early and planned of moving by 5:00 so that I can reach the temple before dark… I was at the bus stop when suddenly it started drizzling… I got into the bus and by the time I reached the temple… It was pouring heavily….I had a firm determination tht I wud visit the temple no matter wht.. so went running to the temple to find that the temple will be open at 6:00… n its just 5:30 as of now.. many temples in USA are like a room.. having all the god idols inside and having particular timings… so I had to stand out in the cold n pouring weather for half an hr… finally at 6 I went in and prayed… it was almost time for my bus .. but now the rain was too heavy.. I had no other option but to run till the bus stop..

Now its not India tht we can cross the roads from any point of the road… Being in the Great America I had to run till the signal.. press a button which allows me to cross the road….when the signal turns green… I had to wait there for almost 2 mins.. before I cud cross the road,,,, in next 5 mins.. I was in a bus.. all drenched in water… no sooner had I taken a sigh of relief.. I came to kno tht I m in a wrong bus.. which wont drop me near my house… I got down immediately and God knos why but assuming tht I was dropped just a couple of blocks away from my house.. I started walking… rather kind of running…. Now to get to my house I had to again cross the road… again went thru the same Flowchart… n got to the other side…..

This is not the end…. I had a paper bag in my hand.. thanks to people who are against plastic bags….. it had my lunch box and some “Prasad” I got from the temple… due to such a heavy rain….. the bag gave up.. n all my stuff fell on the ground.. I picked all tht in my hands which were all numb by now.. due to rain n 10 degree Celsius… America being a developed country has all its lanes and houses very similar which can be hard to differentiate when ur walking down the street at night in heavy rains… I mistakenly entered the wrong lane…and realized the fact when I reached the end… as my house is supposed to be at the end of a particular lane…..thts it… That moment I was totally unsure that I wud reach my house tht night….i came out of tht lane …. By this time u can imagine how wet I wud be… n finally somehow when I reached home.. I realized that the bus left me almost 3 miles before my actual stop… :(

Whtever be the case I was happy of one thing … atleast I made to the temple today....And last but not the least.... just now.. just before i cud complete this blog.. i came to kno tht mahashivratri is on 14th Feb ..... ;)

1 comment:

AwGawddamitt said...

nice blog...you willed yourself past all obstacles. That would've made your success even sweeter.