Monday, August 27, 2007

Rakhi .... the ultimate .....

Early morning... wear new clothes... all fresh... making those special dishes...helping mom do the rituals!!!! and then finally.... tht auspicious moment!!!! That moment which makes you feel so bonded...actually a hidden feeling I always got was "being proud" .. really.. on this day i was always proud.. secretly... not to hurt those gurls there who didnt have a bro!! Man... you have to be really lucky to have such a Big B... :D :D anyways.. back to the moment.... yeah.. so since I was the youngest... I had to wait.. patiently.. always.. yeah.. we are 3 sisters... n then the best part was the food cooked for the day.... wow..... awesome.. my favorite!!!! puri, aaloo ki sabzi, kheer, and mithai.. which had to be my favorite...kalakand!!!
Today its a bit different.... everything same there at home... but all sisters scattered all over the world!!!! no good food for me!!! no holiday!! no new clothes!!! BUT ... the feelings for my bro.. for the day... remain the same!!! still makes me feel proud... and tht bonding.. is all the more strong now!!! :D :D Happy Rakhi to all of you!! :D

4 comments:

arun gupta said...

same to u dear sister.. iam also missing the all morning affair...

Vinay said...

same to you dear... V never performed the rakhi festival with each other, but one thing i can say is tht our relation is as strong as it can get. mis u lots... loads of love.. tk cr...

Swarup said...

Hey nice one girl

Ive always missed these days ... and still miss the same ...

A nice account but shud not end in a sad note ... your brother is your strongest support ... no matter in which corner of the world he is ... the feeling and the bonding pulls you together ... i know how it feels not to have a sis ... I miss that

You are lucky ... and keep writing ... i love it sometimes [:P]

Sneha Sanghavi said...

Nice one .... even i miss my bro a lot on rakhi